First, the Rules:
1) Post these rules before you give your facts
2) List 8 random facts about yourself
3) At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them
4) Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they've been tagged
Now, 8 random facts about me (this was tougher than I thought):
1. I have the world's best office mate. She is a 9 pound Jack Russell Terrier who my daughter (accurately but not very imaginatively) named "Peppy". She rarely makes noise, but has had the occasional barking fit during an important telephone call. That's when I introduce her as the Chief Morale Officer.
2. I am a leg jiggler.
3. I am also a voracious and fast reader - fiction, non-fiction, business, etc. My favorite all-time novel is Staggerford by Jon Hassler (a MN author).
4. I finally started reading the Harry Potter series; my son has been after me for years to do so. I am on Book #3.
5. My undergraduate degree is in Social Work. I went on to get an M.B.A. An ideal combination for a compensation consultant, I think!
6. My husband is an amateur wine expert, and I am making an effort to learn more about wine from him. What I have learned so far - I really like wine!
7. As the only non-player in a family of excellent tennis players, I am learning the sport as an adult this summer. While I am not hitting very well yet, one of my lesson-mates informs me that I look quite intimidating across the court (I think it is my stance). So, I've got that going for me.
8. I have found my experience in the blogosphere so far to be fascinating; I really appreciate the opportunity to learn from my fellow bloggers and the sense of community that seems to exist "out here"!
Here are my "tag-ees", people that I'd love to know more about and urge my readers to get to know as well. Lisa has already tagged some of my favorites, including Peggy at the Career Encouragement Blog, and Peggy has already tagged another one of my personal favorites, How to Almost Get the Job. So here are the six bloggers that I tag -
1. Ryan Johnson, who authors the WorldatWork blog
2. Paul Hebert at Incentive Intelligence
3. Holden at the GiveWell blog
4. Travis Sinquefield at Disorganizational Behavior
5. Michele Martin at the Bamboo Project Blog
6. Charles Green at Trusted Advisor
I'm looking forward to learning more about the group!